I’m thankful for the rhythm of ministry this Fall. At the end of the Spring last year I was weary from all the travel for my work. This year I’ve committed to having a week in between trips lasting more than three days. God has been gracious with scheduling and I’ve been able to keep this commitment. I’ve found that I’m more rested and better prepared for the ministry opportunities the Lord has given these past few months. Let me share with you a couple of these ministry activities.
Intercession at Fall Field Meetings - As one of the Co-directors for Spiritual Formation and Prayer, I help oversee the development of prayer within InterVarsity. One aspect of this within the movement is the work of intercession for significant meetings and conferences. We believe that God uses these gatherings to accomplish his work in InterVarsity and among our students. We also believe that the forces in the world opposed to God’s work will try to disrupt these gatherings because of their significance. For many years we’ve made it a practice to have a small team of folks praying before and during these events. In early November I led a team of three staff (see picture) in praying for the Collegiate Ministries Leadership meeting. We prayed three days for God’s work to be done and for protection for the participants. What a great job I have!
Retreats - Another point of delight in my work is leading staff on days of retreat. This Fall I’ve helped guide three of these experiences. One of these retreats was for InterVarsity’s
If you would like to see any of the questions for reflection that I’ve developed to help guide the staff in reflecting on Scripture, just email me. I have a growing index of passages for which I’ve developed materials.
December Giving – If you'd like a donor envelope to send a gift in before the end of the tax year please let me know. I so deeply appreciate your support of my ministry with InterVarsity! God has used each of you to bless my life in so many ways!
I pray each of you will have a rich and meaningful Christmas this year. May you experience God’s love afresh this season!
Labels: Joe's December Prayer Letter

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home