Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Well, what can I say. I've had a blog spot for several months and have never posted anything on it! Time to at least make one entry.

I work in Christian spiritual formation with a national para church group. This has me traveling all over the country. In November I'll be working with campus ministers in Texas and with college students in Virginia. I'll be using Richard Foster's Streams of Living Water and Adele Calhoun's Spiritual Disciplines Handbook in Texas. We'll also do a reflection on John 15 and what it means to abide in Christ. For the Virginia conference I'll be giving talks on Spiritual Disciplines, Prayer, and the Examen.

I find it a real challenge to determine what to focus on in these talks. There is obviously so much that these topics encompass. I'll be spending a lot of time in prayer and reflection, asking Jesus what he wants to say through me and listening for his direction. I generally consider myself to be better with individuals than with groups.

Personally, my favorite Biblical passages are Phil. 2:3-4, and Ps. 131.

Enough for now. Maybe I'll post again this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home